The Technology Department serves the entire Glassboro Public School District. We are involved in all areas of technology from computers and printers to software, from voice communications to video distribution, from building security to web filtering.
The department is currently staffed by 5 full time employees and 2 peripheral support staff:
George Weeks is our Director of Technology. He manages all aspects of technology for the district including computer systems, managed print services, network infrastructure, network and building and network security, application systems, voice and data services and desktop applications. Mr. Weeks also oversees and develops the departmental budget.
Charles "Chuck" Baur is our Network/System Administrator. This position configures, maintains and troubleshoots all aspects of the network. This includes: Internet connectivity, E-Mail, Windows Servers, Firewall, Wireless, Anti-virus, Virtualization, Switches, Updates, Print management, VoIP phones, Installation of new equipment and software, User Maintenance and Wiring. This position also assists and works with the PC Support Technicians.
- Patrick Foltyn is one of our four full-time PC Support Technicians. Patrick is a graduate of Rowan University where he earned his degree in Computer Science. Our Technicians provide the primary 1st line of support for all computers, technology and most desktop software at all locations within the district
- Raymond Yansick is one of four full-time PC Support Technicians who primarily services the high school building. Our Technicians provide the primary 1st line of support for all computers, technology and most desktop software within the district.
- Michael Matisi is one of four full-time PC Support Technicians. Michael is a graduate of Grayson College where he earned an AS in Computer Science. He is also A+ certified. Before joining us in March 2020, Michael was an Advanced Repair Agent with the Geek Squad the the Mt. Laurel Best Buy. Our Technicians provide the primary 1st line of support for all computers, technology and most desktop software at all locations within the district
Abigail Palen is one of four full-time PC Support Technicians who primarily services grades K-3 . Our Technicians provide the primary 1st line of support for all computers, technology and most desktop software within the district.
Erin Williams is our Database/Systems Coordinator. Erin's main function is to manage and support the Power School Student Administration System and Power Teacher Electronic Grade-book. She also provides technical support for testing, data extractions, state reporting and NJ Smart. This position also oversees central registration. Erin reports directly to the Superintendent and is a peripheral member of the technology team.
The Technology Department supports:
* 7 district buildings including 5 school buildings, Beach Admin Building and Transportation & Operations Building
* 25+ physical and virtual servers
* 2,400+ computers
* 60 printers and copiers
* Voice Over IP telephone system with 352 phones
* 325+ staff users and
* 2,000+ student usersWe also provide oversight and technical support for all telecommunications and data services, door access and video security, managed print services, website services and email.Technology Help x6611To Enter a work order reqest send an email to helpdesk at gpsd dot us