It's Course Selection Time!!!!
The time where we start planning ahead and picking classes for next year??????
If you are a student who will be entering grade 9, 10, 11, or 12 in the 2018-2019 school year, you will be selecting your courses online through your PowerSchool portal. The registration documents you need to review are linked to the icons below, but before you get started here are a few things you need to know or consider before selecting your courses:
- Registration will begin after 02/01/2018 and is set to end on 02/16/2018 for current GHS Students. All GHS students should complete their online registration during this week. INCOMING 9th grade students (currently attending GIS in 8th grade) will select their classes in school.
- Students must download & review the course catalog with their parents and make sure you account for the following:
- Will the courses you select fit today into your career and college goals in the years to come?
- Did you think about which courses you would like as your elective and which courses you would like as your elective alternatives? You MUST pick alternatives in the computer when you register, so choose wisely.
- Planning on doubling a math or science? Go ahead! Make sure you select your first option in the "Course Options" category and your second option in the "Additional Options" category.
- If you are in grades 10, 11, or 12, you can review your graduation progress by clicking on the 'Graduation Progress' icon located on the left menu bar of your PowerSchool homepage.
- You will have an opportunity to review your course selection with your counselor during your yearly course session. You will be notified by the guidance office of the time and date of your meeting.
Now let's get started!!!