Welcome to School Health Services!Mrs. Begolly
Bowe School NurseInformation for Parents:
- Is it allergies or COVID-19? I know that many are experiencing spring allergies & unfortunately, some of you have been required to provide a negative COVID test in order to attend school. Although there are definite differences in the symptoms, there are also just enough similarities to make it confusing. Please bear with us a few more weeks as we continue to err on the side of caution in order to keep everyone safe & the school open! The general rule is...two or more symptoms from the COVID Screener will require a COVID test. Once COVID is ruled out, one may return to in-person school as long as it is possible to comfortably wear a mask. Although the allergy-type symptoms may continue for additional days, school attendance will be permitted.
- Please read the attached letter in Mandated Health Screenings for additional options in obtaining the screenings for this school year. Dated May 20, 2021.
- All sixth grade students must have the required Tdap (Tetanus, Diphteria, Pertussis) & Meningococcal vaccines prior to returning to school in September. Those students who do not reach their 11th birthday before beginning the school year must notify me of a scheduled appointment date to obtain the vaccines. Please remember to obtain a physician's note for all immunizations your child receives so that I can update health records accordingly.
- All changes in emergency contact information must be reported throughout the school year.
- Please remember to notify the school when your child is absent. This will save a lot of unnecessary telephone calls in the mornings. It is also important that you provide a reason for the absence. This alerts us to possible trends in communicable illness and allows us to plan accordingly.
If your child is experiencing emotional or behavioral issues:
Please see the "Resources" tab for additional information.
Last Modified on May 25, 2021