Health Screening Services Parent/Guardian notification:
As part of the School Health Services program provided in the Glassboro Public Schools, children will have screenings performed by the school nurse. Periodic medical screenings are an important health promotion endeavor since they may identify a potential problem, which could have an impact on a child's health and education. Please review the list below to see what screenings your child will receive during this school year. If you are concerned that your child may have a problem and he/she is not due to be screened this year, please contact the school nurse, who will be more than happy to complete the specific screening. Please keep the nurse informed of any Emergency Card phone number changes as well as any changes in your child's health status by contacting your child's school nurse.
- Pre-K dental screening
- Blood Pressure, Height, and Weight – Grades Pre-K thru 12
- Vision Screening – Grades Pre-K- 4, 6, 8, 10
- Hearing Screening - Grades Pre-K – 3, 7, 11
- Scoliosis Screening – Biennially for students between the ages of 10 and 18
(This is the minimum recommended by the district. Other students may be tested as needed.)
New Jersey Administrative Code 6A:16-2.2 Required Health Services.
(l) Each district board of education shall ensure that students receive health screenings.
- Screening for height, weight and blood pressure shall be conducted annually for each student in kindergarten through grade 12.
- Screening for visual acuity shall be conducted biennially for students in kindergarten through grade 10.
- Screening for auditory acuity shall be conducted annually for students in kindergarten through grade three and in grades seven and 11 pursuant to N.J.S.A. 18A:40-4.
- Screening for scoliosis shall be conducted biennially for students between the ages of 10 and 18 pursuant to N.J.S.A. 18A:40-4.3.
- Screenings shall be conducted by a school physician, school nurse, or other school personnel properly trained.