Message from the Superintendent:
Welcome to Glassboro Schools
To the Glassboro Community,
I am excited to share some great news with you. For the 2018/2019 School Year, Glassboro taxpayers will not experience any tax increase due to the school budget. The Borough of Glassboro has generously stepped forward to absorb the cost of increases for that budget year.
I initially shared this information during the April 2018 Board Meeting and Budget Presentation. For those who did not attend the meeting, I want to take this opportunity to touch on a few key points.
Our 2018/2019 Budget includes several investments in classrooms and instruction:
- A full-time basic skills math instructor for Thomas E. Bowe School
- A part-time behaviorist/counselor for Rodgers
- A part-time drama teacher for the high school
- The transition of a part-time high school art teacher to full time
- Texts for first grade classroom libraries
- An ELA/Math summer program at Bullock and Rodgers
- A new assessment tool
We are also making numerous technology investments:
- Continuation of the GHS one to one laptops, with plans to have laptops/devices for third grade on up
- Rewiring for projectors at Rodgers
- The transition of a technology support technician from part time to full time
- A System 3000 Employee Portal
Finally, I am pleased to announce that next year we plan to have School Resource Officers in each of our five schools. Both the school district and the Borough will contribute funds to make this happen.
For more information on the budget, please select Budget Information from the Board of Education Section of our website or click here. Thank you.
Dr. Mark J. Silverstein
Superintendent of Schools