Webex meetings every first and third Monday of each month after school at 3:00 pm
Starting 10/19/2020 through 6/8/2021
Dear Glassboro Community:
Please help us in providing "Winter Warmth" to families in our community who could benefit from the kindness of others during these difficult times.
Please see the link below, which explains our community service project and how you can help make it successful. Every donation matters.We would like to invite you to help us provide our Glassboro families with some "Winter Warmth". Our goal is to provide local families in need with socks, gloves, hats, and scarves to help keep them warm this winter. All donations will be delivered to the Samaritan Center in Glassboro. Please consider signing up to donate an item, (or as many as you like) as listed below. All items can be delivered to Glassboro High School football stadium parking lot on Thursday & Friday, December 17th-18th, 2020 between the hours of 3-5 pm. If alternate drop-off options are required, please contact Andrea Serra at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. Thank you all for your support at this time of giving.www.signupgenius.com
This is a Community Service Project where the goal is for Glassboro community members to help Glassboro families. DECA is collecting socks, hats, gloves, and scarves to help provide "Winter Warmth" for those in need. All donations will be delivered to the Samaritan Center in Glassboro on December 21, 2020. If you are aware of anyone who would be interested in participating, please feel free to share the link.
If you have any questions at any time, please feel free to contact Andrea Serra: email@example.com or Barbara Jones: firstname.lastname@example.org
Take care and stay safe,
Co-Advisors: Mrs. B. Jones and Mrs. A. Serra
Mission Statement: DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe.
Members compete against other high schools in the Business & Marketing Challenge at Six Flags Great Adventure. Glassboro DECA has consistently won 1st place 10 out of the last 11 years. Students attend the Six Flags Great Adventure park to find out how their submittal placed and get to enjoy a day at the park.
Members also compete in the New Jersey High Consumer Bowl Competition which is an educational competition for high school students across the state. It was established in 1997 to educate young adults on a variety of consumer issues.
Club Officers will be elected in October.
Planned Activities for 2020-21:
- 2020/2021 DECA Monthly Meeting: Webex meetings every first and third Monday of each month after school at 3:00 pm from 10/19/2020 through 6/8/2021
- 2021 Consumer Bowl Competition: TBD (early February is County Competition with potential to advance to Regional/State). Team members will meet Monday-Thursday after school during the month of January through to the competition date.
- 2021 Business & Marketing Day Six Flags Competition: TBD (third week of May). DECA students will meet Monday-Thursday after school during the months of March and April until the competition submittal deadline.
- Glassboro High School - School Store Rehabilitation: Students will design and remodel the layout of the school store. They will determine the products for sale, pricing, placement and promotion of the products.
- Field Trips to several Business Corporations including: Nike Headquarters in New York, Amazon Warehouse in Deptford, Five Below Headquarters in Philadelphia, QVC Headquarters, West Chester, Pennsylvania (Once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted).