Grading PolicyCYBER LEARNING GRADE POLICY
* Grades are given based on points earned, rather than out of 100%.The following assignments count as a FORMATIVE ASSESSMENT and count as 20% of the overall grade.
- All assignments will continue to be graded based on POINTS rather than out of 100%.
- All assignments will be graded as FORMATIVE ("Classwork") assignments. At this time, I will not assign SUMMATIVE assignments ("Tests)".
- All assignments are due the Friday after they assigned and anything not turned in will receive a "0" in PowerSchool. However, late assignments will be accepted without penalty and the grade will be changed!
- Grades will be based on effort, not accuracy.
The following assignments count as a SUMMATIVE ASSESSMENT and count as 80% of the overall grade.
- Classwork assignements are worth 10-40 points, depending on the assignment. Types of classwork assignments include journal entries, comprehension questions, short-answer responses, and vocabulary activities.
Writing assignments will vary depending upon the length. Some writing assignments are single paragraphs; other will be two to five paragraphs. The longer the essay, the more points it is worth.
- Quizzes are worth 50 points. There will be quizzes on vocabulary and reading comprehension.
- Tests and projects are worth 100 points. There are tests based on passages read in class and on vocabulary units. There are projects based on vocabulary and novels.